Welcome to Sylvan Township
Town Hall building is closed until further notice due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Please communicate with staff through phone, email, or the drop box located at the Front door. Staff will be working on-site. 218-746-3652 | email@example.com
Free Internet: Available in the Town Hall parking lot with no password required.
MN Historical Society/Camp Ripley/The Nature Conservancy Project
Purpose: to contract the development of a Comprehensive Literature Review and map their archeological and historical sites within the Camp Ripley Sentinel Landscape program area; including parts of Morrison, Crow Wing, Cass and Todd counties
Gateway to Pillsbury State Forest
Sylvan Township was organized on April 2, 1912. The Township was named after Sylvan Lake, known for its beautiful evergreen woods. This community of 2700 residents is located in the southern portion of Cass County, west of the City of Baxter and surrounds the City of Pillager. The Township is defined by its many lakes, rivers, agricultural, and wooded areas. Sylvan Township has the largest Native American burial mound groupings in the Mississippi Headwaters and one of the largest within the state of Minnesota.