Welcome to Sylvan Township
- Cass County Environmental Services Department can be reached by phone at 218-547-7241 or you can go online to Cass County Environmental Services for any questions on residential permitting (except for driveway permits).
- Sylvan Township handles all Commercial Permitting and Driveway Permits.
To sign up for alerts on severe weather, criminal activity, severe traffic and more in Sylvan Township click here --> https://www.nixle.com/
Free at home COVID Tests from the State -> Click Here
Town Meetings: Township meetings are being held in-person but are available through Zoom by request. Simply email the clerk or call the town hall. Everyone is welcome to attend.
Mtgs. are 1st & 3rd Thursdays of the month - Board of Supervisors (BOS) & 2nd Thursday of the month - Planning Commission (PC)
Pillager and Area Lion’s Club is requesting knowledge for some areas or residents in Sylvan Township that could use some help with small projects. Ideas of projects that qualify include but are not limited to the following.
- Painting of a deck or shed
- Raking and bagging fall leaves
- Building a handicap accessible ramp
- Putting on storm windows
- and others...
Please email email@example.com if you have a project in mind or someone that is in need of some help.
Gateway to Pillsbury State Forest
Sylvan Township was organized on April 2, 1912. The Township was named after Sylvan Lake, known for its beautiful evergreen woods. This community of 2700 residents is located in the southern portion of Cass County, west of the City of Baxter and surrounds the City of Pillager. The Township is defined by its many lakes, rivers, agricultural, and wooded areas. Sylvan Township has the largest Native American burial mound groupings in the Mississippi Headwaters and one of the largest within the state of Minnesota.