Recycling & Hazardous Waste
There are bins located West of Beimert Outdoors off of State Hwy 210. Other bins are located in the City of Pillager by the water tower. These bins are labeled as to what you can put in them.
Transfer Site - Cty 1
2 ½ miles west of the Junction of Cass County Roads 1 and 34
Hours: Mon, Wed 3-7, Sat 9-5 Accepts household trash, mattresses/furniture, tires (4/month - removed from rims), appliance (1/month), household hazardous waste items, and recyclables for free.
Cass County Transfer/Recycling Facilities
What is Hazardous Waste (HWH)?
- Chemical products that have signal words on the labels such as Caution, Warning, Danger, Poison, Flammable, Combustible, and Corrosive.
- Used Motor Oil may be dropped off during regular hours of operation at all transfer sites except Crooked lake. Residents may pour waste oil from their private containers into the designated used oil tank. Separate 55 gallon drums are available at each location for disposal of used oil filters.
- Other examples are listed below under Household Hazardous Waste
Acceptable Hazardous Waste Items
- Old gas
- Engine de-greasers
- Stain / paint / paint products
- Pool chemicals
- Oven cleaners
- Aerosol products
- Drain cleaners
- Mercury products
- Fluorescent bulbs (homeowners and businesses)
- Old electronics - T.V.s, computers, monitors, printers, and other related equipment (No business waste)
Unacceptable Hazardous Waste Items
- Used motor oil
- Oil filters
- Unusual joint compound
- Radioactive wastes
May qualify for another program to help them with hazardous waste disposal. Call the HHW number above for more details.